Sunday, July 12, 2009

1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, 4 sheep......1305 sheep.....

I'm laying in bed trying my best to go to sleep, but I've got the Sunday night jitters. Anyone know what I'm talking about? For as long as I can remember I have always had trouble getting to sleep on Sunday nights. I always have so many thoughts running through my head about all the things i I need to accomplish for the week. Then my brain goes into overdrive thinking about what to fix the kids for breakfast in the morning (thank goodness for frozen waffles and yogurt), did I remember to pack Jack's backpack for camp, which has to include sunscreen, clean/dry towel, 2 swimsuits, goggles. 2 swimsuits and a towel everyday means I do a ton of freaking laundry because there is nothing worse than a mildewed smelling towel or swim trunks!


So just as I'm starting to drift off I realize...hey...I could write an entire blog post about the Sunday night jitters so here I am....awake....really awake....and typing. And while I'm typing I remember that I haven't made Jack's lunch for tomorrow. I really really really hate waiting to make it in the morning because it just throws off my entire morning routine. Yes, I am a very scheduled and routine oriented person and I LIKE IT THAT WAY. I follow the exact same shower sequence everyday and dry off in the exact same order everyday, moisturizer on the face then comb out my hair so moisturizer can dry a bit before applying makeup. Makeup is put on in the same order everyday. Kids are woken up and then their routines begin. I could go into real detail and tell you every little aspect of THE morning routine, but I don't want to scare you off on just my third blog post. I promise....I'll get more interesting and funny and maybe even make you laugh out loud.

As I dream about that "perfect" post that combines both humor and wit with perfect composition and grammar I remember that I didn't make his lunch the night before and that really throws a kink into my smooth morning. It can easily make the difference between leaving promptly at 8:20 or yelling at the kids "we're late...hurry up....come on...get in the car NOW....no you cannot drive Molly, get in your car seat now!....Jack did you get your lunch box? Get inside and get it NOW....we are running late...we have to leave NOW!" This is our summer time schedule. Come August when school starts our mornings will begin much earlier. Don't even get me started on thinking about this now because I am really enjoying the extra hour of sleep and somewhat flexible schedule of summer. So maybe now that I have all this out of my head and into this post I will be able to simply shut the lap top and drift quickly away to la la land without having to count 1306 sheep. nighty night.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com